1. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Feel grateful for another day. Then I turn to look over at my wife and daughter. And then I feel extremely grateful.
2. When you walk into a bar, what do you typically order?
Beer or wine. If I feel like hard alcohol, it’s usually tequila, scotch or an aged rum on the rocks.
3. What’s the one word you are guilty of using too often?
“Fuck” or some combination that includes “fuck,” “fucker,” “fuckin,” or “fucking.”
4. What is the last thing you searched for on Google?
Teaching basic principals of financial literacy.
5. Who is the last person that called or texted you?
My maternal grandmother.
6. What’s the wallpaper on your phone and/or computer?
Phone is my daughter at a year old plus wearing hair rollers. Computer has side-by-side baby pictures of me and my wife.
7. What was the last awkward situation you were in and how did you handle it?
Don’t remember the last one but the way I try to handle any awkward situation is to acknowledge it right away. Admit that it’s awkward and uncomfortable. If both sides can begin with being honest about that, then finding a way to have a laugh about it is absolutely possible. It’s never as difficult to turn it into a positive as you think. It just takes a little effort. Don’t let the uncomfortable or awkward feeling take control of your more logical and compassionate self.
8. What is your TV guilty pleasure?
Anything on HGTV.
9. What’s the first CD you bought?
It was either Enter the 36 Chambers by The Wu-Tang Clan or Return of the Boom Bap by KRS-One. I can’t remember which.
10. And what music are you currently listening to?
At this very moment, Frank Sinatra. Currently as in lately, a crazy variety from children’s music that my daughter loves to things like 60’s soul music, Bob or Stephen Marley, 80’s New Wave, 90’s Hip Hop and some R&B to current stuff like Alabama Shakes, Coldplay, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore. And Jimi Hendrix gets played just about every day. Any music that makes me feel something.
11. What is the one food you cannot resist?
12. What movie makes you laugh the most?
This is really tough. There are a few that never miss and a few more that I’m about to forget but I have to say The King of Comedy, the original Vacation, anything with Richard Pryor, Old School, Elf, There’s Something About Mary, anything with John Candy and then come the ones I’m forgetting right now.
13. What toppings do you like on your pizza?
Depends where I’m getting it. If it’s a new place, I always have to go with a regular slice (although in places outside of NY you are required to say a cheese slice for some reason. I always thought that was a given). If that’s done properly, then I might go for a slice with pepperoni or sausage and onions.
14. What drives you absolutely crazy?
Lack of compassion. Abuse of power.
15. What was your first online screen name?
16. What’s the last thing you copied & pasted on your phone?
Answers to this interview.
17. What’s your favorite curse word?
“Fuck” or just about any variation of it.
18. What’s your favorite emoji?
Beaming smiley face with rosy cheeks.
19. Pick one: Kittens or puppies?
Tough, but puppies.
20. New York or Los Angeles?
REALLY tough. Right now, and I never thought I’d say this, Los Angeles.
21. Twitter or Instagram?
Depends on what I need to “say.”
22. Bacon or Nutella?
23. Britney or Christina?
24. Coffee or tea?
Close, but coffee.
25. NSYNC or BSB?
For no other reason than their mention in Magic Mike:XXL, BSB.
26. 2 a.m. or 2 p.m.?
Love them both. Either time if the company is good. If I’m alone, 2 a.m.
27. Beyonce or Rihanna?
Depends on my mood.
28. Netflix and chill or just Netflix?
Netlfix and if it leads to chill, absolutely Netflix AND chill!
29. Hannah Montana or Lizzie McGuire?
Never watched either.
30. And finally: tell us a secret.
The secret I’ll tell you is that you’ll never know everything, so never think you do.