1. Former Hills stars Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag, aka Speidi, are “ten times” more popular in the UK than they are in America — according to Spencer.
That’s probably because of their appearances on shows like Celebrity Big Brother and I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here.
2. In 2012 Heidi and Spencer believed that the Mayan apocalypse was going to destroy the Earth so they allegedly blew through $10 million in anticipation.
3. When he was in college, Spencer was in photos partying with Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen. He figured that they would fetch a price so he connected with a tabloid agency and sold them — to the tune of $90,000.
4. In England “cheesy, over-the-top” paparazzi photos are well-loved, so Spencer and Heidi began to play into the style. They in turn made millions on the staged photo shoots.
5. How famous were Spencer and Heidi in 2009? They were the third-most popular celebrity couple behind Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, and the Obamas, according to USA Today.
6. At the height of his popularity, Spencer made $175,000 per episode on The Hills.
@OfficialKLS 👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑everything perfect but I maxed out at $175,000 an ep 🙊
7. While she was a Hills star, Heidi’s wardrobe cost upwards of $1 million.
10. Spencer had a breakout success in 2005 at the age of 21, with Princes of Malibu, a Fox reality show he executive produced that starred best friend Brody Jenner and his family.
Unfortunately the show was canceled after two episodes.
11. Spencer alleges that Kris Jenner asked him to manage Kim Kardashian after his success with pitching Princes of Malibu.
12. The Kardashian crossovers don’t end there: Kim Kardashian also appeared on an episode of The Hills to organize Heidi’s closet. It was ultimately edited out.
13. Spencer and Heidi are published authors. In 2009 the couple released How to Be Famous: Our Guide to Looking the Part, Playing the Press, and Becoming a Tabloid Fixture.
The book cover of course looks like a tabloid.
14. And Spencer still loves the tabloids — reading them at least.
You can find him reading the headlines on his Snapchat weekly.
15. In 2016, Heidi told BuzzFeed that she and Lauren Conrad aren’t friends anymore.
16. But Spencer and his sister Stephanie have reconciled.
Stephanie told People magazine that Spencer’s “become humble. The experience of the last two years — of losing his fame and spending all his money — has made him grow up. I have my big brother again.”
17. Spencer is a competitive jiujitsu fighter, and apparently he’s pretty good.
18. Heidi made headlines back in 2009 when she had 10 cosmetic procedures performed on her in one day.
But then in 2013 her priorities shifted and she got her breasts reduced. She says it was because they were too heavy for her body.
19. Heidi also loves to jam out to Christian music.
But she’s also a grade-A twerker.
20. Spencer and Heidi are lucky. They don’t have to pay rent right now because they stay in Spencer’s parents vacation home near Santa Barbara.
Hail to the king and queen of reality TV!
Spencer Pratt maxed out at $175,000 per episode per episode for The Hills. An earlier version of this post misstated that he’d maxed out at $130,000 per episode.